ND files also known as Network data files are configuration files that permit the QuickBooks software to access the company file in a multi-user environment. These files are created by the QuickBooks Database server manager (QBServerUtilityMgr.exe). The nd files identify the database server used by the program. to learn more about .nd files in QuickBooks desktop , make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also consult our tech support team at +1-844-521-0490 and they will help you clear your queries related to QuickBooks.
What are the functions of .ND files?
ND files are supposed to perform the following functions in QuickBooks:
• The file is created by the QuickBooks database server manager that too in the same folder, where the company file is situated.
• It can be easily identified with the help of .ND file extension.
• They could also be seen in a single-user environment that earlier had multi-user access options turned on.
• The file is 1 KB in size and is a text file.
• This file can be easily opened and edited in Notepad and can be identified with a text icon.
• It contains the information that the QuickBooks accounting software required to communicate with the server, such as the IP address and the port.
• These files find out whether the company file is in use or not.
Sample nd file
Here is what all a sample nd file contains.
• Server IP Address – One can get the server IP address and then evaluate it with the one contained .ND file.
• Server Name and QB Year – The server name can be seen in the middle and the QuickBooks database server manager version is at the end: 28=2018, 27=2017, 26=2016, etc.
• Port used – The port is to be opened/added in the firewall settings.
• Full path to company file – Note that any path other than C: will need additional troubleshooting.
• 1 for hosting on and 2 for hosting off – Note that the hosting need to be turned on for a file to be opened in a multi-user network setting.
Also Visit: Troubleshoot QuickBooks error code 12152
Nd files in QuickBooks are of great assistance. We hope that the above-stated information might be of some help in understanding these files better in QuickBooks. However, if there is any query or if the user requires our assistance for some reason, then contacting our QuickBooks Error support at +1-844-521-0490 might help. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock in providing immediate assistance.